Being a busy wife + mom+ in addition to working my corporate 9-5 (really 5:46 am- 6:45p.m) when you factor in waking up to get the kids ready for daycare and picking them up from daycare, I’m always looking for ways to make my home life run just that much smoother.
So over the weekend I decided to go on a mission to find some healthy snack options for the kids!!
Here’s what I found and here is how I did it:
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks from Trader Joes. The are about 110 calories for 10 sticks and I put about 5-7 sticks in each baggie
- Reduced Fat Cheese Puffs also from Trader Joes. They are about 130 calories for 35 puffs and I put about 10 puffs in each bag.
- Garden Veggie Straws from BJ’s which are about 130 calories for 38 straws and I put about 15 straws in each bag. I must add that these are very tasty! I even added these to my lunches
- Healthy Helpings Animal Crackers from BJ’s. They are about 130 calories for 43 crackers and I put 10 in each bag.
Not only are these all healthy but SO much cheaper than purchasing prepackaged chips! Here is my cost breakdown:
- Snack Bags (50ct) 1.67
- Veggie Straws 4.99 | made a total of 45 bags
- Cheese Puffs 1.99| made a total of 20 bags
- Honey Pretzels 1.99 | made a total of 16 bags
- Animal Crackers 4.99 | made approx. 60 bags
So in all I have approx. 140 snacks for under $20 which breaks down to .14 per bag! Yup…I’ll take that. Not only is that budget friendly but much healthier than a bag of chips! And so easy for my kids to grab on the go and add to their lunches!